What is bullying?
Bullying is unwanted aggressive behavior that invokes a real or perceived threat or action. It is a behavior that is repeated or can be repeated by one individual or many individuals. Long lasting effects of bullying may cause life long problems for both the victim and the bully.
What are the types of bullying and some examples?
- Verbal bullying includes name calling, verbal threats, spreading rumors or excluding a student from activities or conversations.
- Physical bullying involves one or more students aggressively hitting or attacking another student. Hiking Outdoor Swift Adidas Shoes Sneakers Trail Goretex Running Men's 13 fwPSq
- Faux Leather Faux Shoesun Shoesun Sneakers Sneakers Leather Faux Faux Sneakers Shoesun Shoesun Leather Social/ Cyberbullying is electronic aggression using the internet, social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), e-mails, instant messaging and text messaging.
When and where is bullying likely to happen?
Bullying is likely to occur at school, on the way to or from school, on the playground, in the cafeteria, in the classroom and sometimes on the internet.
What is Beaufort County School District's policy on bullying?
Any and all incidences of bullying should be reported immediately.
How are bullying incidents handled in Beaufort County School District?
- School administration will contact all parties associated with the bullying incident to make sure that all parties are aware of the policy against bullying and the consequences for continuing to bully.
- Incidents will be documented and parents in all cases will be contacted.
- Consequences can be as simple as a warning and as serious as a recommendation for expulsion.
Visit SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING to report an incident of bullying, harassment, or intimidation. You may choose to include your name or remain completely anonymous.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
White Sands Treatment Center
provides information on "How to Defend Yourself Against Peer Pressure". Students and parents can use this information to deal with real-world situations involving peer pressure.
provides information from various government agencies on what bullying is, what cyberbullying is, who is at risk, and how you can prevent and respond to bullying. StopBullying.gov has a Spanish site:
PACER.org/Bullying: This is the portal page for parents and educators to access bullying resources, which include educational toolkits, awareness toolkits, contest ideas, promotional products and more.
Kid's Against Bullying - A creative, innovative and educational website designed for elementary school students to learn about bullying prevention, engage in activities and be inspired to take action.
Teen's Against Bullying- Created by and for teens, this website is a place for middle and high school students to find ways to address bullying, to take action, to be heard, and to own an important social cause.DUAL FUSION NIKE 454594 2 011 GS ST SpxwU
Netsmartz.org- A program from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children provides resources and information on cyberbullying and other topics for parents and students.
Pointed Pointed toe toe leather shoes SUHxP- A resource for parents with topics including avoiding scams, securing computers, protecting kids online, being smart online and also provides video and media tools.
Edutopia- Five ways to stop bullying and move into action.
AAA State of Play- This guide to bullying prevention provides information on identifying bullies, how to recognize bullying, how to put a stop to bullying and preventing bullying.
Guide about Bullying and Substance Abuse- This guide about bullying and substance abuse is a resource for students.
Moneysavingpro.com developed a comprehensive guide aimed at helping students, parents, teachers, and counselors better understand cyberbullying.